Many different outlets offer a wheel refurbishment service. Many of these will simply respray the face of the wheel with materials designed for painting car body panels.
We approach the process differently; first we strip your wheels back to the original casting and repair any underlying damage. Then we rebuild the finish using the same specialist techniques and materials as the leading wheel manufacturers. At each stage the finish is baked on at high temperature to ensure a long lasting result.
Here in the SouthWest, until recently if you wanted this quality of wheel refurbishment, you would have to package your wheels in boxes and send them away for a week or so. Now you can enjoy the convenience of dropping your car (or just the wheels) with us in Exeter, and seeing them transformed in a couple of days.
Here's what we do:
- Remove tyre, weights and centre caps
- Strip old layers of paint & lacquer; a final, gentle blast cleaning process removes corrosion and prepares the surface for refinishing
- Repair any underlying damage, skimming the surface to the correct profile, and/or building up where necessary
- Apply a tough powder coat primer
- Apply a colour coat of your choice
- Apply a robust, high temperature lacquer designed specifically for alloy wheels
- Refit tyres and rebalance on our computerised balancer
If you need new tyres too, we may be able to save you some money on those; please ask us for a quote.